Friday, June 12, 2009

You have to kiss a lot of frogs...

"Well, you have to kiss a lot of frogs..." my stepmother said to me recently as I ranted about the lack of quality men in the dating pool.

This could be the worst of the fairytale sayings we spew. What the hell does it mean? Am I supposed to find some ugly reptile of a man and kiss him (eyes closed preferably) while crossing my fingers behind my back and hoping a handsome prince appears before me? Are you freaking kidding me?! Bollocks.

First of all, have you seen me? Do I look like someone who would kiss an ugly, warty, slimy mess? No. Second and most importantly, this is one of the biggest lies we tell ourselves girls... Great men don't necessarily start out great. It is our amazing kiss, our princess kiss that transforms them from totally gross to totally doable. Talk about a load of crap, not to mention a HUGE task. Look, the simple truth is, a hot guy is already hot when you first meet him. If anything he is going to get a beer belly after you are done with him. And good people are good people. PERIOD. Sure I have seen good guys do bad things, but a good person is good consistently.

My favorite part of this verbal abomination is the frog turns into a prince. Not a hot entrepreneur with a condo in La Jolla and a great relationship with his mother... OH NO, we need more than that!! We need a prince! A guy who is about to be the leader of own f'ing country. Think of Prince Charming. He is young, tall, handsome, rules a country... Oh AND nice... REALLY nice. Did I mention that all princes are not only rich and hot, but super nice too?! (gag me).

The truth is when it comes to men there are nice guys, sweethearts, lovers, best friends, players, bad boys, assholes, sluts, and everything in between. The other sad truth is, we may think we have found a good one only to find out he is the worst of the bunch.

So I say let's take this ridiculous saying and make it a little more realistic...

"You might have to screw a lot of guys that look like princes and turn out to be jerks before you find a really great guy... if you find a really great guy."

Ahhh... much better.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard of some IT professionals and software programmers of different categories, but I appreciate the professionalism of this software genius ' hackingloop6@gmail .com ' for helping me hack my partner's phone without access to the phone and my partner did not figure out or suspect anything,I want to broadly recommend him, he is fast and highly reliable he can also hack into any database, delete record, improve credit score, spy on WhatsApp, text, phone, emails also improve debt on credit cards as long as it's hack...Tell him I referred you...he would be willing to help you, contact him on 'hackingloop6@gmail. com' also call or text him on WhatsApp +1(484)540 - 0785.

    ReplyDelete